Before going to purchase the Roku streaming player, the user should know each and everything about the Roku streaming player. Roku activation code is one of the most necessary processes in Roku streaming player.
How to activate your Roku streaming device?
If you want to activate your Roku player in right way , then it must be linked to a Roku account. It’s important to have a valid email address linked with your Roku account in order to receive important account notifications. Similarly, you should choose a strong, secure password for security reasons.
What is the Roku activation code?
Roku activation code is the code which is shown on your TV screen when setup process is completed. This code is necessary for www.Roku.com/link account activation. Firstly, you have to set up your Roku streaming player then you have to activate your Roku account for at that time you will need for this unique Roku activation code. Here we are going to tell you about Roku setup and Roku activation. These processes will help you to understand above processes.
Roku.com/link activation process:
For Roku activation, you have to know about the hardware devices such as HDMI cable, composite cable, power adapter, Ethernet cable, Power batteries and Roku remote control.
HDMI cable will need for the connection between Roku streaming player and your Home TV.
If you have old TV then you will need the composite cable for connection.
Roku remote control:
Roku remote will need for input source
Steps to Activating your Roku device :
1. In order to setup and activate you Roku streaming player follow the quickstart Guide that came with your Roku device.
2. Now Complete the on-screen instructions to connect your Roku device to your high speed network connections.
3.Once Roku device is connected to network , Roku device may download new software or update some some applications.
4.After software update Roku Device may be reboot and then Your Roku device will display a link code on TV screen.
5.Go to the website roku.com/link on your computer enter the link code and click Submit .
You must need to complete all of the above steps on the website before going back to your Roku device otherwise your Roku device will not be activated.
6.In order to activate roku Follow the above instructions on the website to create a own personal Roku account, or login to an existing Roku account.
7. If you are new roku usre and you are going to create a new Roku account, then you will be need to provide a payment method i.e credit card or paypal. Because payment method allows you to purchase subscriptions to popular channels, buy movies and TV shows, or make other purchases from Roku Channel Store.
8. Once you have completed the all above activation process now your Roku device will be ready to use.
How to resolve issues activating your Roku streaming device
I get an error when I enter the link code on the website
Roku is needs a high speed internet in order to stream and setup .Due to network problems user some time faces many technical problems during setup process of roku. If you see an error after entering the link code, “Try entering the code a second time”. Then it may be occurred due to a temporary network or system error. In order to solve this try to check your network connection and system connection.
If this does not resolve the issue:
- Go back to you Roku device and click on Help > Get a new code.
- Once the new link code is displayed, return to roku.com/link and enter the new code.
I entered the link code, but my Roku device is stuck on the link code screen
Sometimes Roku Device can take a while to complete the activation process, so please wait a few minutes. If still no luck with the roku link code and your roku device continues to show the screen with the link code, then try to do these steps:
1. First of all Make sure you have completed all the roku activation steps on the web site in the right way in order to activate your Roku device.
2.If you see “Error 001” and the message “not connected”, it means that your Roku device is not connected to a network.